Skip to main content

Day 20


I felt it necessary to do an illustration of the main characters in my pretend children's book entitled, Sheriff Farthright and Bangles: Lost in Los Angeles. Until this day, I never knew I even had a pretend children's book. It is not available in stores near you. Sheriff Farthright is a Yellow-rumped Seed-eater and his faithful steed, Bangles, is a Parrot-finch. Note Farthright's mighty stache. His badge shines as brightly as his character. Bangles is only seconds away from taking to the sky. I can actually hear Audubon rolling over in his grave due to the flagrant misuse of bird depictions.

Comments

  1. This is just awesome. I randomly arrived at your blog by clicking "next blog" after reading my niece's blog updating her adventures as a peace corps volunteer in Vanuatu. And here you were.

    I love all of these bird sketches, A LOT!! I am a musician, guitarist, singer and songwriter in Missoula Montana. Married, have a young daughter, and no money. If I had any cash I would a) buy as many of these sketches as I could and frame them and look at them all the time in my house, and b) hire you to make all my gig posters and CD covers. This stuff is just... well, it's in my heart and has always been there. Nice work. I love birds. And I also love your words, the descriptions of what you were thinking as well as your mention of your techniques and your tools etc. THIS is what I like about art. Anyway, thanks so much for posting these. It was my lucky day.

    You can google me and go to my website, or myspace page to hear some of my music. If you are on facebook, you can find me there, too.

    Again - thanks so much. Keep going. Larry Hirshberg, Missoula, MT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - Apparently my wife had signed in to Google on MY desktop, so my comment got posted as her. Ah well. Anyway, Thanks again - THE REAL PREVIOUS POSTER. Larry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 24: Willow Grouse, 12x9"

Willow Grouse in the house!

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?