Skip to main content

Day 15

Well, I am halfway through with the 30 Sketches Project II. I am really enjoying it and I can picture this project popping up throughout my life.

I am so amazed everyday when I flip through my bird books in search of a subject for my daily sketch. There is a crazy amount of birds in this world. I couldn't possibly draw all of them if I tried!

This is a Buff-breasted Flycatcher, yet another species that I never knew existed. Its habitat is the open mountain woodlands of S.E. Arizona.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 12

I thought I would try something different. I've never sketched/painted a migration pattern. A more detailed series would be fun I do believe.

Day 7

You can see in this baby Magpie's eyes that he is just waiting to grow up and peck your eyes out. Aren't babies of all species supposed to look sweet and kind-hearted? This charcoal and pastel sketch is on a piece of 11"x14" drawing paper. Tuesdays = 12 hour workday which in turn = smaller, meaner sketches.