Skip to main content

Project IV Day 29: Secretary Bird

Secretary bird. Angry mark-style I'd say. A bit anxious about the big move. Buying a one way ticket to the other side of the planet brings forth feelings I've never felt before. Going away to paint in Wyoming for a month was an appetizer for this...there is just something about going somewhere you've never been, knowing no one, and having no idea what is in store for you that I adore as much as I fear.

I made these NZ plans with careful consideration. I knew full and well that there would be times that I would question the decision, stress about the journey, and at times wonder what the holy hell I was thinking. I knew that getting accepted was not the most difficult part...making it happen would be the challenge. But I went through with the plans with a smirk, secretly hoping to deal with all of these challenging obstacles. Bring it NZ adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 12

I thought I would try something different. I've never sketched/painted a migration pattern. A more detailed series would be fun I do believe.

Day 7

You can see in this baby Magpie's eyes that he is just waiting to grow up and peck your eyes out. Aren't babies of all species supposed to look sweet and kind-hearted? This charcoal and pastel sketch is on a piece of 11"x14" drawing paper. Tuesdays = 12 hour workday which in turn = smaller, meaner sketches.