Skip to main content

Day 20

The emerging baby crocodile may look menacing but don't underestimate this little chick, he can hold his own. Again this sketch, like yesterdays, is about placing the ever abundant common chick with an endangered species such as this American Crocodile.

Today I came across the most amazing website ever!! ARKive has not only amazing photos and video of all of your favorite critters but really great information. I came across animals I never knew existed. I also officially fell in love with the three-toed sloth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 7: Roseate Spoonbill, 12x9"

Roseate Spoonbill, you are one interesting looking dude. Their deep pink coloring is similar to a flamingo. They use their unusual beak to feed on crustaceans by swinging it from side to side as it steadily walks through the water.

Project IV Day 25: Hoatzin Nestling

Yes, this guy does indeed exist. He is a Hoatzin nestling. One thing you should know about these birds is that they are born with two claws on each wing. They are clumsy in flight and use these claws to climb about in their native swamps of Venezuela and Guyana. Once they reach adulthood, they those their claws. Dinosaur times-style.