Skip to main content

Day 18

I've been trying very hard recently to balance my life: work, art, home. I want to make sure nobody or nothing is neglected but at the same time give 100% to all three. Art always seems to win out. I am sure it comes across as selfish and I've come to the conclusion that I must be pretty difficult to live with. I decided to put the hostile energy I was feeling at the time into this sketch of an American Crow. I really enjoyed working on it. I would like to look at these "butcher paper studies" in a more thoughtful light rather than only seeing them as practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12

I thought I would try something different. I've never sketched/painted a migration pattern. A more detailed series would be fun I do believe.

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 7

You can see in this baby Magpie's eyes that he is just waiting to grow up and peck your eyes out. Aren't babies of all species supposed to look sweet and kind-hearted? This charcoal and pastel sketch is on a piece of 11"x14" drawing paper. Tuesdays = 12 hour workday which in turn = smaller, meaner sketches.