Skip to main content

Day 27

Here is a sketch that can also serve as an oxymoron. I give you...a baby giant anteater. This little guy will soon live up to its name. Adult giant anteaters can reach between 5 and 7 feet in length and weigh from 40-100 pounds.

Due to habitat loss the giant anteater faces a difficult future. Conservation efforts such as the Bosawas Biosphere Reserve in Nicaragua are vital in order to save these amazing creatures from extinction.

For the past four years the Saint Louis Zoo has been working with the Reserve. The Zoo has really great information on the giant anteater as well as some amazingly adorable footage of a baby and mother. Click here to see my inspiration for this sketch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 20

I felt it necessary to do an illustration of the main characters in my pretend children's book entitled, Sheriff Farthright and Bangles: Lost in Los Angeles. Until this day, I never knew I even had a pretend children's book. It is not available in stores near you. Sheriff Farthright is a Yellow-rumped Seed-eater and his faithful steed, Bangles, is a Parrot-finch. Note Farthright's mighty stache. His badge shines as brightly as his character. Bangles is only seconds away from taking to the sky. I can actually hear Audubon rolling over in his grave due to the flagrant misuse of bird depictions.

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 24: Willow Grouse, 12x9"

Willow Grouse in the house!