Skip to main content

Project IV Day 6: Weka

The Weka is a flightless bird native to New Zealand. They are about the size of your average chicken. There is something that I find so fascinating about flightless birds. It's like a fish that can't swim...kinda. You catch my drift.

It's only Day 6 and I'm already having to find ways to squeeze this sketch project into the short amount of hours that make up a day. Solution...start sketching on my lunch break and then wrap it up this evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 12

I thought I would try something different. I've never sketched/painted a migration pattern. A more detailed series would be fun I do believe.

Day 7

You can see in this baby Magpie's eyes that he is just waiting to grow up and peck your eyes out. Aren't babies of all species supposed to look sweet and kind-hearted? This charcoal and pastel sketch is on a piece of 11"x14" drawing paper. Tuesdays = 12 hour workday which in turn = smaller, meaner sketches.