Skip to main content

Project IV Day 16: Peregrine Falcon


Peregrine Falcons are known for their insane flight speeds which can reach well over 100 mph. When I volunteered at Liberty Wildlife, I got to spend some time with Persephone the Peregrine Falcon. She has this regal air about her and is strikingly beautiful. Upon entering her cage to clean and feed, she commanded cautious easy movements and respect from me which I was more than happy to give. Thanks Persephone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12

I thought I would try something different. I've never sketched/painted a migration pattern. A more detailed series would be fun I do believe.

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 7

You can see in this baby Magpie's eyes that he is just waiting to grow up and peck your eyes out. Aren't babies of all species supposed to look sweet and kind-hearted? This charcoal and pastel sketch is on a piece of 11"x14" drawing paper. Tuesdays = 12 hour workday which in turn = smaller, meaner sketches.