Skip to main content

Project IV Day 25: Hoatzin Nestling

Yes, this guy does indeed exist. He is a Hoatzin nestling. One thing you should know about these birds is that they are born with two claws on each wing. They are clumsy in flight and use these claws to climb about in their native swamps of Venezuela and Guyana. Once they reach adulthood, they those their claws. Dinosaur times-style.

Comments

  1. Have you ever done an adult? I would love to see that! They are such neat birds, and you do such a fantastic job at capturing peculair birds and their personalities. Love your work, keep doing what your doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Made my day! I haven't ever painted an adult Hoatzin - they are bird dinosaurs for sure!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12

I thought I would try something different. I've never sketched/painted a migration pattern. A more detailed series would be fun I do believe.

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 7

You can see in this baby Magpie's eyes that he is just waiting to grow up and peck your eyes out. Aren't babies of all species supposed to look sweet and kind-hearted? This charcoal and pastel sketch is on a piece of 11"x14" drawing paper. Tuesdays = 12 hour workday which in turn = smaller, meaner sketches.