Skip to main content

Project V Day Thirteen: Acorn


Acorns are awesome.


Dear Acorn,

You are important.  Not just 'you' as in the entire acorn race, but you as an individual acorn.  I pass about a kazillion nuts on my daily walks but you are the one that caught my eye - so much so in fact,  that I had to pick you up, put you in my pocket, and paint your portrait.  I am by no means a great, almighty being but I know my acorns and you, Acorn, are a special one.

Best regards,
Layla  


Lucky Day #13 grid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12

I thought I would try something different. I've never sketched/painted a migration pattern. A more detailed series would be fun I do believe.

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 7

You can see in this baby Magpie's eyes that he is just waiting to grow up and peck your eyes out. Aren't babies of all species supposed to look sweet and kind-hearted? This charcoal and pastel sketch is on a piece of 11"x14" drawing paper. Tuesdays = 12 hour workday which in turn = smaller, meaner sketches.