Skip to main content

Project V Day Three: Pecan Husk


Day Three is a pecan husk that Kona and I found on one of our walks.  The sidewalk is littered with them - which means there are lots of pecans - which means there are lots of squirrels.  Lots.  Of. Squirrels.  

Apparently pecans are not enough for this overabundant squirrel population so they have taken to eating the apartment complex from the roof down.  I'm 95% sure that within the next couple of weeks they will have eaten the top two floors.  

Maybe this is a super special pecan husk and they are desperately trying to reclaim it so that is why they are specifically working on my side of the building.  Well too bad squirrels!  I'm keepin' this husk!


Say cheese little pecan husk!


Day Three grid aka (1,3)

Comments

  1. Looking good!! Squirrels are probably living in your ceiling planning on how to steal the super special pecan husk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 24: Willow Grouse, 12x9"

Willow Grouse in the house!

Day 20

I felt it necessary to do an illustration of the main characters in my pretend children's book entitled, Sheriff Farthright and Bangles: Lost in Los Angeles. Until this day, I never knew I even had a pretend children's book. It is not available in stores near you. Sheriff Farthright is a Yellow-rumped Seed-eater and his faithful steed, Bangles, is a Parrot-finch. Note Farthright's mighty stache. His badge shines as brightly as his character. Bangles is only seconds away from taking to the sky. I can actually hear Audubon rolling over in his grave due to the flagrant misuse of bird depictions.

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?