Skip to main content

Project VII-Day Fifteen: Snail Shell

     Alright. Day 15. It had already been a long day in the studio and tacking this drawing onto the end of it was a wee bit tiring but I am glad I got to spend time with this little snail shell. Some detail was lost in the photo so I had to bust out a real-life empty snail shell I had on hand to finish up. No drawing on the planet could outshine the awesome of the real thing - I can't even wrap my brain around how many of these little guys are out there in the world.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 12

I thought I would try something different. I've never sketched/painted a migration pattern. A more detailed series would be fun I do believe.

Day 7

You can see in this baby Magpie's eyes that he is just waiting to grow up and peck your eyes out. Aren't babies of all species supposed to look sweet and kind-hearted? This charcoal and pastel sketch is on a piece of 11"x14" drawing paper. Tuesdays = 12 hour workday which in turn = smaller, meaner sketches.