Skip to main content

Project VII-Day Fifteen: Snail Shell

     Alright. Day 15. It had already been a long day in the studio and tacking this drawing onto the end of it was a wee bit tiring but I am glad I got to spend time with this little snail shell. Some detail was lost in the photo so I had to bust out a real-life empty snail shell I had on hand to finish up. No drawing on the planet could outshine the awesome of the real thing - I can't even wrap my brain around how many of these little guys are out there in the world.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project IV Day 18: Turkey Vulture (again)

I can't stop with the Turkey Vultures. I think I might have been one in a past life. Is that why I'm such a dirtbag ?

Day 24: Willow Grouse, 12x9"

Willow Grouse in the house!

Day 20

I felt it necessary to do an illustration of the main characters in my pretend children's book entitled, Sheriff Farthright and Bangles: Lost in Los Angeles. Until this day, I never knew I even had a pretend children's book. It is not available in stores near you. Sheriff Farthright is a Yellow-rumped Seed-eater and his faithful steed, Bangles, is a Parrot-finch. Note Farthright's mighty stache. His badge shines as brightly as his character. Bangles is only seconds away from taking to the sky. I can actually hear Audubon rolling over in his grave due to the flagrant misuse of bird depictions.